Ever have one of those moments where it is glaringly obvious that you are a mother. One of those moments for me was the day I had the urge to make banana bread.
My kids go into phases with their food. Some weeks they will eat a pack of 8 bananas in 2 days and other weeks 4 of the 8 bananas just sit there and I ended up throwing them away. I don’t know when this started bothering me, but one day I just couldn’t toss them. I googled a recipe for banana bread until I found one where I had most of the ingredients and it was just downhill from there. I began hoping they would leave a couple bananas behind for me. (WTF has become of me?!)
Anyway this recipe from Genius Kitchen has been a huge hit in my family. It doesn’t need much and it’s absolutely delicious. Enjoy!
What you’ll need:
- 2cups all-purpose flour
- 1teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2cup butter
- 3⁄4cup brown sugar
- 2large eggs, beaten
- 2 1⁄3cups mashed very overripe bananas
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Lightly grease 9 x 5 loaf pan or a 8″ cake pan
- In large bowl, combine flour, soda and salt.
- In separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar.
- Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended.
- Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; stir just to moisten.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 60-65 minutes if using a Loaf Pan and 40-45 minutes in a cake pan or until a toothpick inserted into center of loaf comes out clean.
- Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.
Am I Lori Loughlin?
Traditional cuban homemade croquettas. Easy to follow step by step just like Abuela used to make in her kitchen. Bite size and delicious
Mac n Cheese: Mad Love
Cuban Arroz Con Pollo
Cuban arroz con pollo used to intimidate me. Until I tried making it and found out how easy it is to make. Trust me, if I can do it, you can.
Lentil Soup with a Sweet Healthy Twist
How to make an easy weeknight healthy lentil soup that the whole family will enjoy. Instant pot or regular stove top, so easy to do.